new XM bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
has anyone used the new XM bulbs like the 10,000k bulbs
i am getting ready to replace my iwasakis and i wanted to know what you all thought. i like the iwasakis because my coral growth is fabulous under these bulbs. however they as the months go on they seem to get more yellow by the day. and seeing that i don't have anymore room in my canopy for actinics i must go with a different bulb. so hit me up with your suggestions. thanks kyle

Yes I have used the 10k Xm bulbs It is actually what I am using now.. they have been running awesome and look awesome... I would recommend them.. From the reports I read on ReefCentral the Par value is higher than the Iwasakis and ushios.. The are an all around great bulb in my opinion.. Marinedepot.com has them for like 65.00 plus shipping I think my total was like 139.00 for 2 250w 10k Xm bulbs shipped

HTH,
James

From the reading and research I have done, I agree with Cj. XM seems to make one heck of a bulb. Next year when I replace my 20K Hamilton, I will go with a 20K XM.

hey logan what kind are you selling on your site. cause for 52 bucks thats good deal. oh yeah the kind i was looking at was the 10k 250 watt bulb
thanks kyle

Back
Top Bottom