New yellow sebae anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I dont get is if doint this shortans life span why would someone do this I think that is animal crultey but it looks really cool

Yes I know, stupid suppliers. My LFS owner couldn't believe it either, he thought they stopped dyeing corals years ago due to the very fact that it shortens their lifespan dramatically. (and people found out about it and weren't buying the corals anymore)

Almost week six update, not really much of a change at all.

img_1387557_0_5477e85b0599fa0475b0b7226ab85fba.jpg

Last edited:
How long should it take for the anemone to attach to the rock?

It looks a lot less yellow, like the dye is fading. Unless it's just the picture, it looks like it is not as yellow.

Hey sorry guys I haven't been on here much! The anemone is still alive and doing well! We stopped feeding it anything shortly after my last post and it has gotten better on its own. I'd say it has most of it's natural color back. I am going to try to get a pic tonight when I get home and post it for you guys!

Hats off to you Kelsey. You should be commended. Such a shame to take something that Momma Nature made beautiful and think that we can make it more so. Glad to see that you care enough to step in.

Sorry for the hold up, the anemone resides on the back side of a rock at the back of the tank. I was hoping to take a picture with my underwater camera but I can't find the battery charger for it...these are the best shots I could get from the front. The anemone is mostly brown but the tips do shine green a bit.

img_1819960_0_0806837d4bd31ae510180f4bb9b03288.jpg

img_1819960_1_cf445a61efc8cd155a06f55f08882c04.jpg

So it's been about a year and a half since this thread was started and our sebae anemone is doing great. Our Maroon clown will still not host it though. The tank also went through a night of being electrocuted where we lost a lot of our corals, thankfully no fish though. The anemone was fine. Here are a few photos, the fish in the photo are full grown. The last photo of the heater was the cause of the electricity. We have no idea why it burst apart, there was no rocks around the heater or anything that would have pinched the cord.

Attachments

• image-2388749906.jpg
    image-2388749906.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 145
  • image-991741836.jpg
    image-991741836.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 164
  • image-343057165.jpg
    image-343057165.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 117
What kind of lighting do you have it under?

Looking good by the way. Seems to be an official success of bringing back a dyed anemone.

I believe they are T5s, 6 blue and 6 white I think. We have been thinking about switching to LED but haven't yet due to the high price.

I am very happy to share a success story for the dyed sebae.

Wow, that's a good deal of light. Some serious committment to lighting the reef there.

I was thinking you might say a basic lighting set up, but that is probably a good reason for the recovery.....optimal lighting of 12 T5's.

Back
Top Bottom