New yellow tang.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All
Quick update. I have now had my yellow tang in QT since Dec 11 which is now 2.5 weeks and still healthy! I do have a concern. I have fed it a very small clip of Nori each day and it eats it over a period of about 3-4 hours. I have no water quality issues - which is GREAT for me!! Long story....
Anyway, all I have fed it is the nori...no mysis or anything. Will the keep it healthy? Im concerned since its a tang about HLLE? So far it looks great. I dont want to use any chemical additives like vitamin C or anything. Should I feed it anything else? I did put a few little mysis in there and it just floats past the tang...doenst act interested. Again its a 2 year old tang..
Thanks!

They are herbivores so you`ll be OK. Wait and feed it mysis when he gets in the main tank. As long as he`s getting his greens then he should be OK. How much longer till he goes into the main?

Well he has been in there for 2 weeks so 4 more to go. Like I said he does get nori every day so I was hoping this would do until he goes in the main.

Update: Well I kept the tang in QT for over 5 weeks and he is now in the main happy!!!! Also I have a regal in the tank as well and I was prepared for them 2 to duke it out. Not so much.....they are now sort of swimming together except my regal isnt to thrilled yet about having a swimming buddy...but at least they are not fighting.
So Im now going to go to the LFS and pick up 2 more small fish. ANy suggestions? I have a 100 gallon with a regal, yellow, false perc and damsel. Im open to any suggestions.

They are not fighting because they are not same color and body shape. congrats on the new addition to the tank. My suggestion would be a Goby. Maybe a sand sifter Goby. I`m glad everything is doing OK

Back
Top Bottom