New Zebra - pics and last minute questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
So here "he" is.

zebra1.jpg

Got some nice caves ready for him, hopefully keeping him happy and unwilling to attempt an escape (I have eggcrate in case)....

caves1.jpg

He's about 18", eating all kinds of raw seafood. He was actually out swimming around when I went to the store to pick him up.

Anyway, I'm acclimating him in the bucket. I guess I'm just going to add a cup of water every 5-10 minutes until PH and salinity are correct and throw him in. Good plan? Only plan I guess.

Also, I didn't think about my urchins. I've got tons of hitchhiker pencils in there so I'm assuming they'll be a snack, but what about a spiny common urchin? Will he leave that alone? Maybe I should put the urchin in my fuge?

Once again - Hara and Stripes The Eel, thanks for all your help over the last YEAR. It took me that long to get my tank and water where I want it before adding this guy. I appreciate your help.

I am sure he will enjoy his new home! It is a handsome fellow. I am pretty sure your urchins will be safe. Your acclimation sounds ok, drip would have been better, but you will be fine with what you are doing.

Back
Top Bottom