new zoanthid placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose227

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions abiut this zoa. It was right under the hydor 425 but it looked disturbed so I moved the power head to the other side of the tank. I added the frag yesterday. All my parameters are good.

ForumRunner_20130831_201912.jpg

ForumRunner_20130831_201944.jpg

Is it normal for them to close at night.

Looks like Radioactive Dragon eyes. They're pretty hardy. Just take notice if the polyps extend, that usually means there's not enough light. As for flow, I have zoas all over my tank and they all seem to thrive no matter where they are.

I know right!!! I never imagined this hobby would be so rewarding. Every time I walk by I spend ay least 5 minutes looking at it.

Yup the hoppy is very rewarding like seeing corals and plants grow and fish grow right before your eyes.

I really like the toadstool corals and the xenias. But I want to wait until I have more experience. What would you guys put in here next if it was you're aquarium. Its a 20 gallon

I really like the toadstool corals and the xenias. But I want to wait until I have more experience. What would you guys put in here next if it was you're aquarium. Its a 20 gallon

Toadstools seem pretty easy. I've beat mine up a few times moving it, or re scaping the tank. It always seems to bounce back and it looks nice blowing in the flow.

I wouldn't go with an anemone if you're just getting involved with corals. Anemones are very tricky and if not taken care of properly, they can die and nuke a tank.

I would love an anemone and some clown fish. But I will wait on the anemone. My first one will probably be a bubble tip.

I would love an anemone and some clown fish. But I will wait on the anemone. My first one will probably be a bubble tip.

Bubble tips are very nice. Definitely one that I would get if I chose to get one. As to what other easy corals for ya, try a Green Hammer or a Frogspawn.

I just noticed this is changing color. I added an led this morning. Is this that brown algae

ForumRunner_20130902_174530.jpg

It is a new tank. 1 month But the color wasnt there earlier.

Back
Top Bottom