The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The-new-stig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I I am a novice to marine set ups but I've done my research and currently successfully running a tank with 30kg live rock and two clowns

But if any body can give me any info please don't hesitate as you can't have to much info

Thanks dave
(the-new-stig)

It's great that you're doing research! I'm fairly new to this myself, but from speaking with otters and personal experience, I can assure you that patience and research will really pay off.

But if might be a bit more helpful if you asked some specific questions. There's plenty of really knowledgeable and friendly people on here who could help you out.

Get dr tims one and only it's amazing and it instantly cycles the tank

Jawaits said:
Get dr tims one and only it's amazing and it instantly cycles the tank

Dr. Tim's One and Only might speed up a cycle, but it doesn't instantly cycle a tank. I'm using it now in my 75G, and while it seems to have sped things up, my tank was NOT instantly cycled after adding it. The day after my nitrite was around 5 ppm (it's a fishless cycle), and it took about 3-4 days for it to come down.

Edit: just as a little add on, my nitrite level of 5 ppm probably would've killed any fish I would've had in there. Again, a little patience will go a long way.

Well there's ur problem ur not supposed to do a disgorge cycle with dr tims

Jawaits said:
Well there's ur problem ur not supposed to do a disgorge cycle with dr tims

Disgorge? If you mean fishless cycle, then I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you there. While Dr. Tim recommends against using dead shrimp to cycle a tank, he does suggest using bottled ammonia as opposed to actual fish when cycling a smaller tank.

Completely agreed. You already had a grouper that almost died from not cycling and now your arguing to add fish to cycle a tank?????????? I COMPLETELY agree with Patterson.

Back
Top Bottom