The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishda

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am new to these forums and I have decided that I would like to retire from reptiles and set up a freshwater aquarium but before I jump right in I would like to do the proper research and all of that..So right now I am looking at a 20-25 Gallon tank and for fish& interior I was thinking 2 clownfish an anemone and a banded coral shrimp. I was wondering if this is an okay starter setup and I would like to also know the Ph levels and all I need to know and the filters and that sort of stuff or if anyone could refer me to a website with a proper setup it would be really appreciated! Thanks for the help!

Um...... clowns and nems are not freshwater, (autocorrect? lol) but I WOULD suggest a fresh tank first. Thats a good size, and once you get comfortable then come back to us, and well give you ALL the info your need. Post ?s in the FW forum. GL!!!!!

If your looking to do do a salty tank then you should get the biggest tank possible. 55 gallons is a good starter. If you can't go that big then I would look into a biocube 29. They come with almost everything you need to start a tank. Also, anemones are very hard and require alot of light and a well established tank. Welcome to AA:D

Yeahhh was meant to be saltwater lol :) although freshwater clowns would be awesome and once I get the tank established with base rock should I put some live rock? And also is live sand a good idea..?

Live sand is overpriced and not what you want to do. As been mentioned a few thousand times around here... "how can sand in an airtight bag sitting on a store shelf be live???"

Buy dry arogonite sand and rinse the heck out of it. Add rock and cycle. Your dry, non-live sand will become totally live.

austinsdad said:
Live sand is overpriced and not what you want to do. As been mentioned a few thousand times around here... "how can sand in an airtight bag sitting on a store shelf be live???"

Buy dry arogonite sand and rinse the heck out of it. Add rock and cycle. Your dry, non-live sand will become totally live.

+1 there's some millionaire that made his fortune selling "live sand" to people when they could buy regular sand for half the price:)

Back
Top Bottom