Newbie needing help. Lights question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceannites

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there everyone. I'm about 4 months into my hobby and loving it. I have a 150 gallon salt was tank. I am feeling I not doing the lights nest. I have a long strip light that I turn lights on about 9am them turn them off about 9pm. What kind of light would you experienced fellow hobbiest use. I heard something about a black light. I just need some advice. Help

I am attaching pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 76
oceannites said:
hi there everyone. I'm about 4 months into my hobby and loving it. I have a 150 gallon salt was tank. I am feeling i not doing the lights nest. I have a long strip light that i turn lights on about 9am them turn them off about 9pm. What kind of light would you experienced fellow hobbiest use. I heard something about a black light. I just need some advice. Help

i am attaching pictures.

image-1177545093.jpg

image-161358866.jpg

I don't really understand you question, but from reading some parts are you questioning if your lights good or if you want a new light? If you have fish with live rock only, which looks like it from your pictures, you can have any kind of lighting you want. But if you want a reef in the future you will need to look into t5, metal halides, or Leds.

^exactly

What kind of light strip are you using now? How many bulbs? Most bulbs have some writing on them that tells you the kind they are. Could you read it and let us know what you have? It looks like your lights are fine but we need to know more info to say for certain.

Black lights should never be used for an aquarium. Blue lights are great though.

Back
Top Bottom