Next Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to get another coral. I am addicted to corals. I love them. Her is a list of what i currently have.....

Encrusting Gorgonia
Long Tentacle Plate Coral
Green Muchrooms
Purple Mushrooms
Open Brain Coral
Pulsing Zenia
Zoo's
Yellow Polyps
Trumpet Coral
Hammer Coral
Toadstool Leather

I have a 65 gallon tank with one 96 watt X 2 Custom sealife /moonlight and one 96 watt smartlight.

What would you recomend next?

P.s can you have to many corals? I mean are they like fish can you overstock on coral?

Yes you can have to many corals. What usualy happens is that they start to grow in to each other and start to kill each other off. You do not really have anything that agreesives except the hammer and the plate coral. Just look at the space you have left and decide if you can fit another coral in there and be honest with yourself and consider growing room. As far a another coral you may want to try some sort of blastomussa. Look around the net as some pretty cool color morphs can be found. ALso you can never have enough Zoanthids!

Well for the most part the floor of the aquarium is full. I have the brain, plate, mushrrom, trumpet and zzoo, and , gorgonia on the botom. II have plenty of room for something on the rock or up in the tank i just don't know what. Does zoo's have to be placed on the bottom b/c that is what my lfs told me.

Zoos can go anywhere really. Why not try some green star polyps up top. If you have enough curent they really look cool when they move with the current. Or red sea xenia is also very nice. I could probably send you some from my tank for free if you would like; just pay the shipping. It is a slower grower than the elongota species and is a cool white with pinkish hue to it.

corals

Check the classified section there is some nice corals being sold in there.
I think there was a blastomussa. Good luck Dewey

Back
Top Bottom