next coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt1245

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so my tank has been running for one and a half months i just recently added a pair of clowns and a few days before that green star polyps i also have 3 green chromis that have been doing well for as long as they have been in there water is still testing good 0 on nitrites nitrates and ammonia
i was going to stop by the lfs sometime towards the end of the week and consider buying some more corals can anyone give me suggestions and opinions on if i should get a few more corals

its a 29 biocube with stock lighting

72 watt canopylighting
(1) 36 watt True Actinic 03 Blue straight pin
(1) 36 watt 10,000K Daylight straight pin
(3) 0.75 watt Lunar Blue-Moon-Glow LED

check out mushrooms and more polyps, You can find some killer colors in the divers den on liveaquaria.com . that will give you some ideas hopefully.

what about a ricordea mushroom or does that require a more mature tank?

You can keep a ricordea; just keep water quality good like you've been doing. Our rics were some of the first corals added after our 20 gallon cycled. They've done well for us. Mushrooms, zoas, palys, etc. should work great in your tank. If you like any LPS corals, you can keep some of the easier ones like candy cane, frogspawn, hammer, torch, etc. Keep these out of direct flow to prevent tissue damage, and for the euphyllias, give them space so they don't sting other corals.

ok so my tank has been running for one and a half months i just recently added a pair of clowns and a few days before that green star polyps i also have 3 green chromis that have been doing well for as long as they have been in there water is still testing good 0 on nitrites nitrates and ammonia
i was going to stop by the lfs sometime towards the end of the week and consider buying some more corals can anyone give me suggestions and opinions on if i should get a few more corals

How did you cycle? How are you testing? 6 weeks and zero nitrate seems a bit odd to me even if the rock was well cured.

i did fishless cycle and they water has been pretty much the same for the month after i added the green chromis and i know the test kit isnt wrong i use API and my freind has a different brand kit (not sure which one) but it test the same too

Back
Top Bottom