Next fish to add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poisson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a coral beauty, cleaner wrasse, pair of ocellaris clowns in a 45 gallon. Any ideas regarding what fish I can add now? I would love a small yellow tang, but consensus seems to be that they are aggressive and will chase all other fish around :twisted: . I have heard that some have had great success with a small specimen that is added after all other fish are in and this is what has kept me interested. LFS suggested a yellow-eyed tang since they are more peaceful, but I'm not as in love with them (nice, but brownish purple)...I'm looking to add color, any advice?

I'm hardly an expert here, but I was researching yellow Tangs myself to add to my tank, and most things I've read say that a 45 might be a little too small for one. Others will no better then me but I thought I would share that with you.

I had a Yellow Tang in my 30 gallon, and it did fine however I only had 2 other fish in it... Im not really sure on the rest of the Tangs, but most are for larger tanks... do some research on this, and ask around.. I pick everyones heads... and listen.... then do what I feel seems about right.... seems some have great luck with some things.. others not.... so its very tough to really know... Good Luck though!

If you add it last, the only problem i see is that it is too small of a tank for him. He may survive, but he would be crammed.

Your tank is way to small, and any tang is out of the question. A tang will outgrow a 45 in no time, and they need room to roam or there prone to stress. With stress becomes disease, and obviously death. What Shandoni was not at all good, and tangs also eat and poop an awful lot so bioload is also an important factor to look at. Look into some of the blennies, or gobies. Mabye even some of the smaller lined wrasse.

THANKS!

Thanks to all who gave valuable advice! I will do more research to see what would be the best addition. I do wish I had a bigger tank than a 45gallon, but hafta learn on something! I'll definitely be back for more advice...

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom