Next tank mate advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dannyboy3128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I looking for some help again , I have 1 lion msc 1 lip stick tang 1 amperior blue juvenile 2x clowns and a few soft corals any one recommend a good social fish with bright colours

I looking for some help again , I have 1 lion msc 1 lip stick tang 1 amperior blue juvenile 2x clowns and a few soft corals any one recommend a good social fish with bright colours

What's a lip stick tang ?
Everything I can think of wouldn't be ideally suitable For your tank .
The Foxface Rabbitfish Is a nice fish .but is recommended to be housed in a 70 gal or bigger

You are definitely at a full bio load, and some of those are going to outgrow that tank fast.
I no I will be in a few years but will cross that bridge when I get there what about any nice looking corals that are easy to keep only have t5 lighting

The tang and angel are way to large for that tank. I would reccomend taking them back and looking into a reef safe wrasse and maybe a dwarf angel

I no I will be in a few years but will cross that bridge when I get there what about any nice looking corals that are easy to keep only have t5 lighting

A lipstick tang is also known as a naso tang. You have two fish that get very large in a 55. I say stocked. You will need to get them a bigger home sooner than a few years. Your emperor angel will probably eat lps corals. For corals try zoas, they come in lots of colors.

A lipstick tang is also known as a naso tang. You have two fish that get very large in a 55. I say stocked. You will need to get them a bigger home sooner than a few years. Your emperor angel will probably eat lps corals. For corals try zoas, they come in lots of colors.
aw didn't no that thanks , will be looking for a bigger home just gotta save the penny's up , so really we are now saying no more fish for me ,

how long do u think I have until they out grown there only 2 to 3 inchs at the moment

aw didn't no that thanks , will be looking for a bigger home just gotta save the penny's up , so really we are now saying no more fish for me ,

For now yeah I wouldn't add anything else until you get those fish out of there.

I'd save the pennies you were going to spend on the new fish for the bigger tank as stated 55 too small

Regardless of the size they are now they need a bigger tank. Regardless of whether the naso is small or not it needs space to swim which a 55g just doesn't give it which will lead to a stressed out sick fish. Assuming that is a volitan lion then the only fish that actually belongs in that tank are the 2 clowns which will eventually be eaten by the lion fish.. Probably sooner rather than later.

Looking at this for reference on minimum tank sizes:
Volitan Lion - 120g
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Volitan Lionfish, Colored
Naso (Lipstick) tang - 180g
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Naso Tang
Emporer Angel - 220g
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Emperor Angelfish

I would seriously suggest taking them back to the store and trading in now before stuff starts to die.

Back
Top Bottom