Night Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yaksplat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night I was doing my nightly isopod check, I haven't seen any in a few days so that is a good thing, and I saw an anemone in the back of my tank on the LR. Well, as soon as I turned the lights on, all of the tentacles slowly curled up and retracted into the rock.

The tentacles have stripes on them if that helps. I'll try to move my rock around a little so i can get a pic to post.

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks
Jim

IME, aips tent to be more active at night although they usually are out during the day too. Really need a pic.

Does it resemble this Aiptasia at all? How does it differ?

aiptasia2.jpg

Compare the size to the Halimeda leaves in the background. Mojano don't get nearly that large. :)

I'm pretty sure it's not an Aip... I have three of the same anemones and have had them for over a year without them spreading, they have tripled in size. Also the thickness of the tentacles is defintely more than aiptasia

Only wish I knew what they were :?

I can say unequivocally without any reservation that the animal in my picture is Aiptasia sp.

Just waiting for Yaksplat so we can help him out. I don't think he has Aiptasia but I don't have enough information yet.

Back
Top Bottom