Nippy Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I've had a pair of false percs alone in our new tank for about a month. I say alone, there are a lot of inverts and I started adding coral. Today, I was doing a bit of redesign because it just didn't look right. So here I am moving a piece of LR when suddenly one of those things just started attacking me! At first, I just thought it was being friendly, then. I noticed the thing was actually biting me! It didn't hurt, but it was clear that we aren't friends, lol!

So, I've had a pair of false percs alone in our new tank for about a month. I say alone, there are a lot of inverts and I started adding coral. Today, I was doing a bit of redesign because it just didn't look right. So here I am moving a piece of LR when suddenly one of those things just started attacking me! At first, I just thought it was being friendly, then. I noticed the thing was actually biting me! It didn't hurt, but it was clear that we aren't friends, lol!

Cant tell what you mean by false percs, but usually nipping means breeding, how long has the tank been up and what size?

Cant tell what you mean by false percs, but usually nipping means breeding, how long has the tank been up and what size?

False percula/ocellaris clowns.

They nip from time to time. For what they are and their size they are some brave little fish. Good thing triggers and other more dangerous fish aren't as aggressive.

Tank has been up about 6 or 7 weeks. Don't remember if I waited 2 weeks or 3 to add them. I don't think they are breeding. I'm not sure if one has experienced it's conversion :). I do think it is, though. One is exploring a lot, much more curious, dominant, and tried to eat my giant Wreck It Ralph hand!

We have them too. The female bites me every time I put my hand on her side of the tank. I shoo her away and she stops after like 3 bites. Very protective of territory. Lol.

My regal tang bites me everytime I put my arm in the tank, he doesn't like me!

Back
Top Bottom