Nitrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. The corals will actually consume the added bacteria. As I said tho, you will have to deal with the underlying issue of the nitrate levels. But this will bring those levels down in short order

I highly doubt that product works. Anaerobic bacteria can't survive in oxygenated environments unless they are aerotolerant or facultative anaerobes. The whole fact you have to keep adding them constantly is sketchy too. It would seem you need to buy their product over and over this giving the company money for a fake product. Just wondering but what bacteria species do they use?
Also, corals and pods and such don't consume bacteria, they consume plankton. Bacteria are much to small and are found inside all organisms. Microorganisms like Protists and other unicellular organisms consume bacteria not multicellular organisms

They don't live a long time in the aquarium environment. I have used them and they made a huge impact on my first sumpless aquarium that had nitrates as high as 80 ppm in a FOWLR.

http://tailoredaquatics.com/reef/nitrate-destroyer/

but as I did say, I would just use this to lower the nitrates and fix the problem that got them there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom