Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I run 2x 48"4xT5ho ho t5 actnic from 7am to 9pm then 2 10k from 9am to 7pm and 4the lunar leds between. The 20lbs of live sand and 45lbs of base rock and 15lbs lbs of live rock were all new were all new with 29g. The 29gtank did cycle out. After the move my water has tested out with 0's across the board until now.

I feed twice a day a small pinch of flake alternating them and usually once maybe twice a week I use a frozen(thawed) feeding in the morning.

And if it wasn' rock or sand it came out and was cleaned. Power head, intake and return for protein skimmer, intake and return for filter, heaters, thermometer.

After reading a few different articles I am beginning to think circulation might be a big problem. The filter moves about 500gph but return is higher in the water column and the power head is 300gph I believe but it is a small concentrated return. I am going to purchase a circulation pump and set it lower to move the water around the rocks and along the sand.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I should have read over that post before sending it. Auto correct needs to be fine tuned.

Tags
nitrates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com