Nitrates to low?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright I went to my lfs and was talking with someone... And we started talking about my levels and I told him everything was 0 besides my ph which is about 8.1 want it at 8.3 but cant figure that out yet. Anyways he said that my nitrates were to low and should be between 10-20ppm.. Its been up fpr almost 7 months and I started with dry rock about 3 months ago and ghey have gotten a pretty good amount of color on them its was 55lbs. And I added about 15lbs of live rock on them. I have a bta and a couple other coral and fish yellow tang, tomato clown pj card, golden head sleeper goby.. So how am I suppose to raise my nitrate amd why? I thought the less was best.

You want 0 nitrates, don't let someone try to tell you different. It's better for fish and coral with no nitrates. keep up on your water changes and keep doing what you are cause it seems to be working. :)

Time to find a new LFS...Thats just crazy talk ,,,raise your nitrates ,,thats a new one ,,i never heard that before

Back
Top Bottom