Nitrite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean knight

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there anyway to remove nitrite I already did a water change
Can someone help thank you

Has you tank completed it's cycle? If it has, you shouldn't be having ammonia or nitrite spikes unless something died and/or is causing to crash your tank.

If it is currently cycling, no need to get rid of the nitrites, they will go down over time as it is converted to nitrates.

Fish and a coral died ammonia is 0 and what is a cycle.
I'm new at this

Twice a day use a quarter of a cube of brine shrimp
When I throw it in it seems like alot of food floating around

Nitrite is not toxic in a saltwater aquarium until you get well over 100ppm (yes NitrIte). It has something to do with the ions (can't recall at this moment). so don't worry about those but read up on the cycle...

Sean - if you're asking that question, you should absolutely 100% NOT be adding coral to your tank yet, and likely not fish either.

You've got a good experienced group here, but we're going to need more information from you (after you've read the links referenced above).

+1

We'll help you through this. I'm on my 5th saltwater tank now recently downsized from a 200g mixed reef to my 12g mixed reef an have 6 years of SW under my belt and I bet there's people on here with twice as many tanks and loads more years than me lol.

First off, how big is your tank? Next what filtration are you running? Do you use RODI for top off and mixing saltwater? Do you have live rock in the tank, if so how much? How many inches of sand do you have and is it live? And what lighting do you have?

Also go on Wikipedia and look up fish tank cycle, that had a long detailed overview of what happens when a aquarium cycles. As far as fish you don't need them right now. And the last thing you need to be worried about is adding corals. That comes last. Answer the questions and look up the article. Please if anyone else wants to chime in please do so, let's get this person some much needed help.

Back
Top Bottom