NO flourescent can it be done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djbarnes88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok, I have read a very large # of threads Here is my plan. I have a 90 Gallon that will have a 2 x 250w MH in about a year.For now I am going to use a 4 bulb Home Depot NO and the standard comes with the tank NO for a whopping 200 watts of NO light (sarcasm intended). With bulbs I can do this for a little over $50.00. My question is: Could I keep any softies under this lighting. My tank height is 22.5". Also if anyone would be willing to dignify the lowly NO retro with a response The plan is to go with 3 6100K home depot bulbs and 1 Carallife Actinic as suggested in another thread and I have a 50/50 in my standard tank strip. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help.

If the leather is toward the top of the tank it might be ok. One thing to note is while we are talking 200W of light the intensity of the bulbs are lower so the net amount of light that gets to the bottom of the tank will be even less.

With the 6100K spectrium you might find the tank having a slight shade of yellow/green even after adding the actinic supllments.

Back
Top Bottom