No more jokes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phamboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am very serious about my questions. It's just that i have been in other forums where people do not take them seriously enough like i would, so whenever i join a new forum, i would like to know what kind of people am i dealing with, pros or idiots. If i offended anyone by chance, please forgive me. Now that i know that this forum is for reals, i will take it just as serious. :oops: :cry:

Now i would like to know if there is anyway for me to put a green / wolf moray eel in a 20g tank alone? I was offered an 18" moray for free but i'm afraid to house it with my other fish. I really, really, really, want this eel but i only have a spare 20g right now, any suggestions?.....remember, no jokes.

Seriously (no pun intended :D ), i think 1 would be ok. From what i know, morray in wild is very territorial and they would only mix with other morray during spawning.

You may "really, really" want this eel but unless properly housed in a very large aquarium will not be possible. It can get upwards of 8 feet in size. Even at 18" I would not house even a smaller growing eel in much less than a 50ish gal tank. As reefrunner69 has already posted to you in your first question on the topic, the answer was no.

If you are going to care for animals please be responible not impulsive.:wink:

Cheers
Steve

my ? might be a stupid one but i have heard of a wolf eel and a green moray eel and there is a big difference so is the green moray also refered to as a wolf eel to ? like i said it's probably a stupid ?. :?

I have never heard of the two being used to refer to the same species of eel. The wolf eel is actually an eel blenny, at least that is the way they are ID'd around here.

The green moray (Gymnothorax funebris), green wolf eel (Anarrhichthys ocellatus) and possibley wolffish (Anarhichas lupus) are all large growing species and not recommended for smaller tanks. Although eels are primarily sedentary creatures and do not move around much, that does not limit the size of the tank needed for proper care and husbandry.

Cheers
Steve

It would be darn cruel to put an 18 inch fish in a 20 gallon aquarium, period.

that is the same way they are refered to around here to .they say that the minimum tank size for a carpet eel blenny is 55gal. but it is only a suggestion.a green moray in the wild can get up to 7.5 ft.so is the eel you are refering to a baby or an adult. if it is a baby i'd say it be ok for now but not for it's entire life.you have to use your better judgement.

they say that the minimum tank size for a carpet eel blenny is 55gal. but it is only a suggestion

Yes, and there is a reason for the suggestion...it is for the health and well being of the fish.

Back
Top Bottom