No more Lugging RO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLTGF

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I finally purchased my RO unit from PWC, and its coming tomorrow. Currently I have been buying in gallon jugs and hauling it all up to my apt.

I normally buy 10 gallons per week for my 54 gallon tank. This gives me an (8) gallon per week pwc, and (2) gallons for top-offs.

I've been using a 12 gallon insulated cooler to mix and store the saltwater for 24 hours until the pwc.

My question is:

If I get a trashcan for the water storage, how long will the saltwater be good for if covered? (30) gallons will last me (3) weeks.

Also, what size powerhead should I buy to help with the mixing?

I went the garbage can route and it kept tipping over but I was using 50 gal of water in a 55 gal can I finally went to a 55 gal food grade plastic drum works great I go through 50 gal of water twice a week and sometime more last time grandson visited he thought 3 tanks needed a whole can of fish food so I went through almost 100 gal in two days and of course he did this the day after pwc day lol

I use a 32 gal Rubbermade garbage can, constantly mixing water. When I do a change, I top it up with salt & RO water. I use about 10 gal every 2 weeks, but keep it topped up & mixing.

I have a 200w heater & Koralia 750 mounted inside. The Koralia is on the bottom pointed straight up and seems to mix quite well.

Back
Top Bottom