no protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i am now protein skimmer less it broke it never worked anyways it was a sea clone i probally got 3 cups of skimmate out of it in the 5 months or so i had it and that was almost clear

Ok, well, not sure where you are going with this....looking for a new one now? Seaclone's were never considered decent so not surprising.

well maybe when i get a new job i will get a new one just seeing wat everyone thinks about just running my tank without it will live rock and hob filters in my sump keep my tank healthy?

That will depend on you and the load you have on your tank, PWC's and feedings.

If it wasn't producing much skimmate for you before then I doubt not having one is going to hamper you.

you should be fine you just gotta stay on top of your pwc right now im not running any skimmer too because mine broke and dont have enough money to buy one. but i only have 4 small fish in my tank but i have corals and they all are thriving.

Im skimmer-less too and I too have 4 fish, the biggest is a 3 imch long engineer goby and a have a pretty good cleaner crew too but my corals all seem to be doing great, they are growing to the point i can tell visually about every 2 weeks, its not much in 2 weeks but I study my tank so hard lol guess its all part of being new. i just do water changes alot, ill usually do small ones probably every week instead of the one big one every month or 2 weeks and my water seems to stay quite stable and healthy. i check it regurlarly too, basically once, a day before a water change and then after

I agree that frequent PWC`s will help the problem but I would still consider a good skimmer down the road.

yea i def will buy one but right now times are hard i was hired by a electrical company who didnt even let me work a notice at wal mart they wanted me oh so bad that they called me to work early and then laid everyone off so right now i am jobless in alabama barley living if it was not for my parents i and my fish would be dead lol

Don't buy a cheap skimmer. You will be better off just keeping up on the water changes as usual. From the description of your old skimmer you have probably been going skimmer-less the whole time because it wasn't doing anything. Cheap skimmers are a get what you pay for situation. It is better to wait it out and buy a nice one when you can then waste money on a piece of garbage now.

yea true i thought i was gettin somethin nice when i got that one it was a hundred dollars lol showed me lol well its next on my list to buy soon as i get pay checks coming back in

Back
Top Bottom