Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
no protien skimmer

well i am now protein skimmer less it broke it never worked anyways it was a sea clone i probally got 3 cups of skimmate out of it in the 5 months or so i had it and that was almost clear

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Ok, well, not sure where you are going with this....looking for a new one now? Seaclone's were never considered decent so not surprising.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well maybe when i get a new job i will get a new one just seeing wat everyone thinks about just running my tank without it will live rock and hob filters in my sump keep my tank healthy?
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

That will depend on you and the load you have on your tank, PWC's and feedings.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

If it wasn't producing much skimmate for you before then I doubt not having one is going to hamper you.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

you should be fine you just gotta stay on top of your pwc right now im not running any skimmer too because mine broke and dont have enough money to buy one. but i only have 4 small fish in my tank but i have corals and they all are thriving.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Im skimmer-less too and I too have 4 fish, the biggest is a 3 imch long engineer goby and a have a pretty good cleaner crew too but my corals all seem to be doing great, they are growing to the point i can tell visually about every 2 weeks, its not much in 2 weeks but I study my tank so hard lol guess its all part of being new. i just do water changes alot, ill usually do small ones probably every week instead of the one big one every month or 2 weeks and my water seems to stay quite stable and healthy. i check it regurlarly too, basically once, a day before a water change and then after
Old 05-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Alright well everything is looking ok for now
Old 05-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I agree that frequent PWC`s will help the problem but I would still consider a good skimmer down the road.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yea i def will buy one but right now times are hard i was hired by a electrical company who didnt even let me work a notice at wal mart they wanted me oh so bad that they called me to work early and then laid everyone off so right now i am jobless in alabama barley living if it was not for my parents i and my fish would be dead lol

Tags
skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com