Non-photosynthetic Corals???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would it be possible to keep any low-light corals in my 10 gal? I have 3 watts per gallon of light, for now. Actinic and 50/50.

Thanks for any suggestions, or possible coral list!

In a 10 gal, other than the ones RR has suggested I would not recommend non-zooxanthellae corals. All would require feeding onf some sort and could easily muck with the water quality in such a small water volume unless your fond of twice weekly water changes.

In a larger environment however, there would be many choices available.

Cheers
Steve

The only one that comes to mind here is maybe a tubastrea...often called sun poylps. But, you would have to take it out of the tank and feed it in a bowl a couple of times a week. It's a lot of trouble...been there...done that. The stuff reefrunner suggested would be much better and should do well in there.

Actually as far as non-zooxanthellae's go, there are a few but as I said must be fed. Tubastraea micrantha, Tubastrea aurea, some gorgonia sp., Studeriotes sp., Scleronephthya sp., Dendronephthya sp. and most species of sponge execpt blue.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom