Nori shelf life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know the shelf life of seawead sheets/ nori? Seems like it's dried therefore it can't really go bad...but maybe it gets stale and looses it's value over time. Anybody know? TIA

I'm not sure of exactly how long, but it does go stale, lose it's color, and I would assume also it's nutritional value over time. That is why I started buying a brand that comes in a opaque, zip-lock type bag instead of those crappy plastic tins. HTH

dianeww said:
I keep mine in a zip-lock in the refrigerator
That is a good idea! I keep my flake food in the frige but never thought about the nori also :idea: -My tang thanks you lol

Hey Zenn!

I just got some last night for my tang.

Found mine at that food store at Village Point. 5 bucks for about 8 oz I think.

He loves it, but took awhile to warm up to (he's been eating the purple and green prepared seaweed from the LPS).

This stuff is a little messier than the "official" fish seaweed. Haven't been on it long enough to see how it affects/helps with my yellow tang's mild case of HLLE (he's in MUCH better shape than the remaining ones from the same batch at Aqua Pets, those all look pretty bad, and that place takes pretty good care of their fish). Mine still has great color, appetite, looks full and has zero fin disentagration, just some pits behind his eyes.

I'm hoping the nori will help.

im in lincoln so i'm guessing you're in omaha. I don't know where village point is. I'll probably just hit up an asian food store and see what they got. The reason i'm worried my nori is going bad is cause my tang has a hard time munching off little pieces....he just picks at it until the entire piece comes out of the lettuce clip then floats somewhere...leaving him with hardly anything to eat.

Yeah, Omaha... its World Foods or World Market, in case you have one down there. Kind of a "natural" type store, lots of vegetarian and health food.

Mine breaks apart easy too, and is brand-new. Messier than the fish store stuff, but its very highly recommended for tangs, especially ones with HLLE problems.

Back
Top Bottom