Nori vs. Packaged Seaweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I'm up here in the far reaches of the earth See Map. And I cannot get Nori up here. Therefore, I bought the expensive dried seaweed to feed my new yellow tang and lawnmower blenny.

Is there a huge advantage in Nori? Should I have my folks grab some in Chicago next time they come up? What are the advantages?

Therefore, I bought the expensive dried seaweed

All Nori is - is dried seaweed. Sounds like you bought expensive Nori. ;-)

Try here - this is where I get my Nori & Dulse:

> RawHealth.net <

On the left side is a link for "Seaweeds - Dulse & Nori". 50 sheets of raw Nori = $12.00. My grocery store gets $7.25 for 6. :-(

Btw, looks like you are sure "up there", but it certainly looks like a gorgeous place!

HTH,

That is where I get mine from as well, if I remember, fishfreek gave me the website way back when. I bet those folks get alot of business from us saltwater people, maybe they should become sponsors!

Hey Bearfan, are there any Meijer stores way up there?? I found some Temaki Party Toasted Seaweed in the import food aisle, 30 sheets for $3.79!! My yellow tang loves it.

By the way got any deep woods pics you can share?? We have a cottage in St. Helen but thats not even half way to you. :lol:

Rich

No Meijer stores up here, by my folks, yes, but not up hear. I thought it was supposed to be dried, not toasted.

Lisa, They would probaly have a heartattack to know we are feeding this to FISH 8O

I know I contacted the CS rep at that website once asking if it was 100% natural or if it had been colored, flavored or roasted before it was dried and the response I got was almost of shock. They was like I wouldnt put anything unpure in my body and I wont sell anything less. Or something like that.

There are a ton of us who use that online store for our nori needs. I have to give credit to Reeflady for putting me onto that website for nori.

Back
Top Bottom