Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nori vs. two little fishies

I recently bought Julian Sprung's green seaweed by Two Little Fishies. The only nori the fish store had (no local groceries had anything) was roasted it said in the small print. I bought the Two Little Fishies green seaweed. Any opinions, experiences with this brand food? Should I soak it in a vitamin supplement? Any recommendations on a vitamin supplement?

Old 03-29-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Should I soak it in a vitamin supplement? Any recommendations on a vitamin supplement?
Soaking just about any fish food in a vitamin supplement is a good idea. You don't need to do it all the time just every so often. I use and like Kent Marine's Zoe Vitamin product. It doesn't make the skimmer go crazy like other vitamins can do.

Old 03-30-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I get nori online from one of the many health food stores. I find it to be alot cheaper than the name brand stuff from the LFS.

All my fish love it.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've used Ocean Nutrition, Two Little Fishies & store bought Nori. I've always stuck to the green seaweed for the first two, seems like my fishes like this better vs the brown & red varities.
As for the three choices, I like the brabd from Two Little Fishes the best. I mean they will eat all three, but the Two Little Fishies brabd seems to break off easier for them. I do find the store bought Nori seems a bit more rubbery under water.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com