Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Normal Behavior?

We have 2 small TR percula clownfish, one seems to nip at the other one at times, is this normal? I know I should get that one clownfish book and plan to. Also, they always seem to be chasing things that float in the water, we feed the tank with frozen brine once in the morning and then at night, am I not feeding them enough? I ususally feed one cube for the whole tank being that the 2 scooters and the 2 cleaner shrimp and the brittle eat it also.

Look forward to the advice thanks!

Old 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
You are feeding more than brine shrimp right?

Is one clown larger than the other?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Um well :::hiding:: no but I did by some flake food today that is called Nutrafin Max Marine flake food, is supposed to be vitamin fortified. Both clowns are the same size, small about an inch and a half. The frozen brine is enriched with spurlina, that probably doesn't make a difference. Am I in trouble now?
I better get some more info :/
Old 01-23-2003, 09:35 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
No not in trouble.

Just that the human equivlent of a diet of brine shrimp would be like you eating food only from the candy isle of the grocery store.

Mixing up food is good for not only a better balanced diet but also for general appitie.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

LOL problem with that is I'd love the candy, but I understand you point.

Ok, so I should maybe do brine one time then flake another?
Old 01-23-2003, 09:47 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
I also use krill, and mysis shrimp. You can buy them frozen and packaged just like brine. Your fish will love it just as much.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:51 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok thanks both of you, I just fed them the flake, my gosh they loved it and then if some went down the hermits loved it too. I guess everything needs variety in life.

Thanks both of you!
Old 01-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've been feeding mine freeze dried brine and flake in the morning, and frozen brine in the evening.

My clowns don't really like flake, but my peppermint shrimp seem too, so, I'll continue.

I'll probably also try the Krill and mysis shrimp.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:44 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Got some Krill last night, they nipped at it but the hermits and the brittle star had a tug of war over the peace, but we all know who won that war. They all seem to like this Nutrafin flake I got especially the hermits, I've never seen them move so fast towards it then they make it into a little ball and sit there for a while too funny. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Tags
behavior

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com