Normal Clownfish Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My clownfish "sleeps" in the top left corner of my biocube when the lights are off is this normal? Just a little worried about it..

Clowns are some of the strangest fish we keep..
Yes its normal(for a clown anyway)...mine have done it too(especially when they are new)...how long have you had him?Chances are he just hasn't found a nice place to host yet,,or he could just be happy there...no worries though,,he's just being a "clown" :lol:

FTMMWS said:
Clowns are some of the strangest fish we keep..
Yes its normal(for a clown anyway)...mine have done it too(especially when they are new)...how long have you had him?Chances are he just hasn't found a nice place to host yet,,or he could just be happy there...no worries though,,he's just being a "clown" :lol:

Lol:) I've only had him for 5 days and all there is is live rock at the moment and sand. It's good to know there's nothing wrong. Thanks:)

Haha that's a clown! I'm three of my tanks they always chose the top right corner of my tank. Even with anemones and frogspawns. They were happy in the corner.

Sergie said:
Haha that's a clown! I'm three of my tanks they always chose the top right corner of my tank. Even with anemones and frogspawns. They were happy in the corner.

Ok good:) I guess mine likes corners too

KeeperOfFish said:
Lol:) I've only had him for 5 days and all there is is live rock at the moment and sand. It's good to know there's nothing wrong. Thanks:)

I have had two for 3 days (first fish in my new tank). One goes to the back left top behind the heater and the other goes to the top right back corner behind the suction tube. LOL. When the lights come on they spend 80% of the time side by side. :).

They sleep where the lowest current is in ur tank. Mine dug a whole in my sand bed and sleeps in it, during the daytime he lives in my fire-torch. They can't sleep with high current so maybe check if you could bild him a little cave or areas he cab hide in

Wow. Mine sleeps up at the top of the tank, right by the overflow. About 600gh goes through that and down into my sump. When the day lights kick on the male is in that same area, and the female is in her rose bulb anemone. The anemone is a new add to my tank. She opens about a couple hours, then closes again for the night. Just got her a couple of days ago. So not befor long they will both be in there, at night/day!!!

Back
Top Bottom