Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great job in the quick rescue! He looks a lot happier in his new home. Keep us updated on his recovery.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Very cool of you to rescue that Tang! Good job!

The thing that bothers me is that places like Petco sell fish like Yellow Tangs, Sailfin Tangs, Hippos, etc, but don't even sell large enough tanks to support those fish. People assume that they will be fine because they are purchasing from a reputable dealer, but aren't educated in what is required to maintain those fish.
I've actually heard the staff at a Petco near me tell a customer that they couldn't sell her a tang that she wanted to put in a 30g tank. The staff told her that the tank was too small for the fish, and the lady just didn't get it, but she left without the tang. I was happy about that.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #93
Aquarium Advice Freak

This is Robert's GF. I thought about turning this shmuck in for animal abuse but i figured they would have just laughed at the phone call cause it is "just a fish" as they would say. Anyway, I went on his rescue mission with him last night to a shady part of LA. We named the blue tang 47th. He is so happy to be swimming around now but still needs a bigger tank. We are taking him tomorrow to his bigger home for better rehab. Here are a few pics of his holes, bad skin and fins. Such neglect and so sad. But he has a lot of spunk!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-903480882.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	161109

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1290138263.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	161110
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #94
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_ellis View Post
This is Robert's GF. I thought about turning this shmuck in for animal abuse but i figured they would have just laughed at the phone call cause it is "just a fish" as they would say. Anyway, I went on his rescue mission with him last night to a shady part of LA. We named the blue tang 47th. He is so happy to be swimming around now but still needs a bigger tank. We are taking him tomorrow to his bigger home for better rehab. Here are a few pics of his holes, bad skin and fins. Such neglect and so sad. But he has a lot of spunk!
Please keep us updated in how he is doing in his new home! So awesome of you guys to save him!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #95
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That video made my day. That is a fish that can finally enjoy its life. I can't immagine how happy he'll be in the bigger tank.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
No wonder and im not suprised hes full of spunk, hes been given a new lease of life, let out his cage and freed from his misery. He'll feel a different fish! I really respect you Rob, i can call you Rob cant i? Sir. My signature.. Change the M to a B and i now dedicate it to you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #97
Aquarium Advice Freak

The fish was moved to a 125 with little rock work and doing great. He is thriving and the guy who has him says the hlle is going away.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #98
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yay! Good. You've done a great deed!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Normally I'm not a fish police, but this got on my nerves

Quote:
The fish was moved to a 125 with little rock work and doing great. He is thriving and the guy who has him says the hlle is going away.
Hi Robert I have been reading along here and thank you for going on a rescue mission....
Can you tell me what the new owner is feeding him to get the HLLE to go away?
I have been feeding my Desjardin everything I can and his will not go away. Along with selcon, garlic, vitiamin c, nori, homemade meaty food and it still will not go away..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Congrats on the rescue Robert! Its people like you that make the world a better place

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com