Normally I'm not a fish police, but this got on my nerves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sad! Horrific existence for that poor fish. Thank goodness someone with some sense is going to rescue him!! That picture will stay in my mind for a long time :-(

LFS and even Internet suppliers better get with the program or those powers that want all fish and coral trade stopped will win. It takes just a few examples like this to overwhelm the majority of us that take this endeavor seriously. Another example of idiots doing things causing laws to be enacted that effect us all.

If they don't regulate who can breed pit pulls to fight and kill each other they'll never regulate fish. Many people believe fish don't have any feelings at all.

If they don't regulate who can breed pit pulls to fight and kill each other they'll never regulate fish. Many people believe fish don't have any feelings at all.

You absolutly right, if they had legs and walked around on dry land it would be a different matter. We're quite disconnected as humans from life in water.

Hey I'm new, and I even know that's bad, real bad :(

Hope you save him

Im reading this string but can someone tell me where this poor tangs pic is posted im reading about..anyone who puts a tang in a 6 gal tank is 1of2 things; stupid or just doesnt give a {mod edit} about the animsls he/she is " taking " care of...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really sad.. It's not a freaking betta fish! If you want that type of fish then be prepared to drop the money to provide it with a suitable living environment. I would love to get tangs but would never even think of putting them in my 55..much less a 6 gallon.

If you ever watch animal hoarders its always dogs, cats, birds, horses.. Things of that nature, but you will never see fish.. Cruelty to ANY animal, whether on land or in the sea or hell, even in you neighbors pond, is disgusting.. People like this make me sick.

Riverhawk

Just under the post it says "6 g tank $90" click on that and brace yourself

Check out the fact that many of our most popular fish and many corals are headed to the endangered species list. If that happens it would be illegal to trade those creatures even if you grew them. Especially yellow tangs. That tang picture doesn't help.

I just don't like giving the biodiversity police more ammunition towards this hobby. We need to be part of the solution to what is happening on our natural reefs and not seen as part of the problem. They got close in 2012;

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content/proposed-bills-hawaii-aquarium-fishery-dead-2012

Last edited:
I just don't like giving the biodiversity police more ammunition towards this hobby. We need to be part of the solution to what is happening on our natural reefs and not seen as part of the problem.

+1 it is such an enjoyable hobby that it is sad to see people abuse it like this.. For myself personally, the hobby has made me MORE aware of the threat that not only our reefs are under, but the planet in general. I have had my tank for just over a year and rarely give advice because of the simple fact that I am on here to learn, and then later share with others starting out. It doesn't take half a brain (or heart) to see that this fish needs to swim.. Disgusting.. As long as they have 'dory' in their tank they could care less about the health of it

I think we should give the poor poster the benefit of the doubt. He obviously got into something he couldn't handle and at least he is trying to sell the thing rather than flush it. There are many topics all of us have that we know NOTHING about. The true culprit would be any fish store that sold that fish without ever asking what sized tank it was going into. Hopefully the fish will find a new home and recover from its illness.

I think we should give the poor poster the benefit of the doubt. He obviously got into something he couldn't handle and at least he is trying to sell the thing rather than flush it. There are many topics all of us have that we know NOTHING about. The true culprit would be any fish store that sold that fish without ever asking what sized tank it was going into. Hopefully the fish will find a new home and recover from its illness.

If he was worried about it he would have taken it back to the lfs after realizing his BIG mistake.. 1, it didn't get that big overnight and 2, if he bought it that big it is clearly oversized for that tank..

Not defending this person, but not all LFSs are created equal. I have been lucky with the store I have found. They always ask and I have seen them flat out refuse to sell livestock to someone. Instead they steer the person in a better direction. But I have also seen stores sell a Nurse Shark to someone itch a 55g. You would think the stores would be the first ones to step up since their whole business model revolves around the hobby continuing to exist.

Regardless of what a lfs tells someone, it is up to the individual to do the research about the animals they want to take into their care. Im sorry but there is NO excuse for this.

Regardless of what a lfs tells someone, it is up to the individual to do the research about the animals they want to take into their care. Im sorry but there is NO excuse for this.

I agree totally. Like I said, not defending he person, but I just wish those supplying hobbyists also got more involved to protect the hobby.

I agree this man makes me sick and I think he is bad, but he could have put the tang in there to sell it. Does it say if the tang comes with it I didn't chech.

Back
Top Bottom