Normally I'm not a fish police, but this got on my nerves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree this man makes me sick and I think he is bad, but he could have put the tang in there to sell it. Does it say if the tang comes with it I didn't chech.

He is selling the tank for 90 because the fish alone was $60...

I don't think the guy is bad in any way, just uninformed and certainly not as attached to these creatures as we are.

Maybe I am sounding a little harsh.. But it just seems so hard to believe how anyone could think this was a good idea.. The fish can barely turn around.. That should have been a pretty big hint to even the most novice aquarist

People are retarded. That about sums it up. Someone should lock that idiot in a closet for a few years so he understands what that tang feels like

Following.

I can't believe someone would think that was okay!
It's like keeping a Great Dane in a 2'x2' crate for his entire life.
Poor thing!!
I'm glad someone is saving the poor thing! I can't imagine what would happen if yet another inexperienced person bought that tank!!

Looksike it needs some tlc but was moving around as much as possible in the small tank

This is why I don't participate in the newbie threads anymore. Last one I read was talking about his first fish he added to a newly cycled tank was a mandarin and how easy they are to keep. Tangs are fine in nanos and mandarins are effortless. If you don't believe that, you're just an old grouch. When i hear from uninformed but arrogant people like this, i regretfully think the whole hobby should be shut down. Many don't want advice, they just seek justification for something they already decided to do.

If your talking about my thread my Mandarin is still doing good in my tank.

The guy with the ad just replied to my email saying he sold it (as I'm reading here as well). Hope he does ok. Is he in at least a 125 gallon now?

No that was my issue with picking him up but figured he would be better in my 60 then the 6 and I'm part of a large forum of so California reefers who are following along and one guy is setting up a 180 as we speak and has said it wild be done in the next week or 2 and will pick him up. We just had to make sure he didn't stay there as he wouldn't have survived.

I know they require more but 60 is better then 6 and my water quality is great as it was not in the 6 and my GF is falling in love with him and we may be getting our own 180 as we have been talking about it for a while now.

Yes I agree what an idiot, I had a 12gal nano...yes a tang and mandarin goby. Only thing the mandarins ate brine and prawn eggs, but I always swapped out the tangs when they got past flame angel size. I didn't get to see this ad, I could only imagine. On a dryer that produces heat wow!!

Back
Top Bottom