Normally I'm not a fish police, but this got on my nerves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A cooler would've been better than that 6 gallon tank! He'll probably feel like a king in your 60 gallon for now! Poor little guy. What did the guy say when you picked him up? Do you know how long he's been suffering?

czwicky said:
People are retarded. That about sums it up. Someone should lock that idiot in a closet for a few years so he understands what that tang feels like

please don't insult the retarded, even they usually take more care than this

Dryer didnt work, ill give him that. But it was outside. He said he serviced tanks for a living, got the fish from a customer who didn't want it anymore and had put it in there 5 weeks ago. Ill post pictures tomorrow.

Pic has been removed from link under 6 gal for $90 .... Let us know how rescues goin... Hope it makes it...any size bigger than 6 gal is an improvement...at least it can now actually swim w/o hitting a wall..

This is why I don't participate in the newbie threads anymore. Last one I read was talking about his first fish he added to a newly cycled tank was a mandarin and how easy they are to keep. Tangs are fine in nanos and mandarins are effortless. If you don't believe that, you're just an old grouch. When i hear from uninformed but arrogant people like this, i regretfully think the whole hobby should be shut down. Many don't want advice, they just seek justification for something they already decided to do.

+1, lets think what the first 4 fish/corals bought for new tanks are, Clown fish, Anemone (because Clown Fish have to have one, lol) Tang, and a Mandarin. And you are right most people don't want to hear it, because their tank is different somehow. Or my nem is doing fine, I have had him a long time, 6 months :-(

Here's the pic he posted earlier.

Attachments

• image-2823096336.jpg
    image-2823096336.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 265
Not to shoot your hopes down but a 120 is actually to small for a blue tang. They say 125 minimum but I always say the next standard size up from recommended is when people should start thinking of getting certain fish. This tang is 6-7 inches long so 5-6 feet long is still not enough in my eyes.

LoL I've got one in my 55 now, just waiting for him to get a little bigger, then into my 120 he/she will go. He's been in my 55 for almost two years.

Here's the pic he posted earlier.

I have been reading this thread. I my self have only scratched the surface is keeping salt water. Very new to it but even I know that I cant have a tang because my 2 tanks are too small.
I am very happy to see that this fishy was rescued by someone who cares instead of bought by someone who didnt know any better than the previous owner.
A sad sad life rescued and going to be much much better.

I really wish all fish keepers would do proper research on what they would like to have and provide proper housing for them from the start or at least listen to advice given when they figure out that an impulse buy might not be appropriate for their set up.
It is a life taken into someones hands. Its not like the fish have a choice as to what home they go to. Its up to us to provide the best home possible after accepting the responsibility of taking that life home with us.

we have a lfs here in the area that is a very well known and respected store and we are part of a forum called socalireefs. they agreed to put it in their display never to be sold. all the people on there are waiting for the tang to be there to go by and see it.

they also have a website called fishcollection.com so maybe some people can support them off of here.

Back
Top Bottom