Not sure what my fish has

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianathomas

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 155 gallon fish only tank with about 75 lbs of rocks, 6 t8's at 6500k two power head filters on it. About two weeks ago i had a queen angel tang that got ick and the next morning it died. Now my vamiga tang about 10 to 12 inches long that his whole back half of him is white colored and the front is the other half is normal color. He had some red looking rash on his side and looking it up it said it could be a electrical problem. We just put in a skimmer about a week ago so we shut it off but the white is still there. He is eating good and acting fine i just dont know why he is two colored. Can anyone give me a suggestion.

White-ish coloring could be a sign of stress. How old is it? Have you added anything new recently?

Also, when fish get ick, they can get it inside their gills to where we can't see it. The red mark may have come from it scratching against the rocks.

the fish i guess could be old i got it from a local dealer who got it in on a trade and he did not have a big enough tank for it. Last week we bought a protein skimmer and started using it in the tank we quit using it just in case it had a bad pump on giving out electricity but it has been off for two days and no change in his color not better or worse. The fins look like they have white on them but not near his head, but it does not look like ick to me.
the nitrates are a little high but we just did a water change he is in with a niger trigger about 4 inches and a porcupine puff fish and a three choco star fish.

It might be stress I know my fish change color when stressed. I have a fish that when it gets stress will flash a few times but that is all if it constantly flashed then I would check out the gills and see if I can see any parasites.

What are your water parameters. I would turn the skimmer back on if you haven't the skimmer removes DOC's from water

Back
Top Bottom