Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-07-2004, 06:43 PM   #21
Apparently she was not aware that XM made a 175watt 20k metal halide bulb that is rated for the M57 standard
From my understanding the XM 20k bulb with work on the normal m58 probe start ballast..

Old 01-07-2004, 09:04 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
I decided to wait on the back-ordered ballasts. I spoke with Kim today, and again she tried to be very helpful with me. She told me that she didn't want to get my hopes up but its possible that the may get my ballasts in tomorrow, and ship it out on Friday. Wich is great. I had already decided to wait on them for the week anyway. Now the big problem...what should I do about my lighting while I'm waiting. Well, I spent my lunch (2hours) looking for florescent sockets that will fit my shop light (the one that burned) and some wiring. I finally found some that were close, but not exact. Tonight I was able to swap out the burned parts and rewire the light strip. I got lucky, IT WORKED ON THE FIRST TRY! WOOHOO! My corals have light! And I'm getting MH with probe start ballasts!

stresco is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search