Now, where did that neon goby go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrkalot

Aquarium Advice Activist
It took us a few days to figure out were the little devil was hidding. Around 8-8:30 every night he would just flat out disappear *poof*. In the morning he would suddenly reappear a half hour or so after the lights would come on.

One morning a sat staring at the tank... waiting. I looked a way, looked back there there he was swimming around :evil: The next morning however I could have swore that he came directly out of the CC substrate (my wife thought I was nuts).

That night I sat and stared at the tank for about 30 minutes and sure enough, he swam to the bottom, circled twice then DOVE down in and wiggled his way into the CC *poof* gone!

Now I have a few questions. Is this normal for a Neon Goby? I'm thinking he's a different flavor of goby... he almost looks like a cleaner wrasse but he does have all of the markings, color etc. of a neon but looks much darker that any picture I have ever seen.

I guess, at this point, I really don't care what he "really" is because he has the best darn trick of any fish in the tank. :D

I had to fish (no pun intended) mine out of my overflow twice! Slick little guys. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom