Noww......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
that my firefish is ded =( what are some good/cool fish i can add to me tank remember i have a royual gramma and a scotter blenny and i really want some sick fish.. and not a clown fish i had one before and bugged the crap outta me he ALWAYS jumped in my filter realllly onnoying. SO ANY IDEAS!!!

you should let the tank stabalize for a little bit but when its done i dont know if another fish would be a great idea but you might be abel to pull it off but still, i dont know. the way i see it, inverts are really the cool things, fish are just a bonus but thats just my opinion.

Didn't we already go over this? In your last post you stated you had too many fish already and now you are looking to get another one?
My final suggestion would be to look at inverts...Get a few sexy shrimp....

How are your nitrates reading? And how old is the tank? You just my need to wait a while before adding anything. I know it's hard.:)

Also, I'm curious. How'd the gramma act towards other fish? Did it harass the firefish?
I've heard they can be territorial so any new fish might be pestered.

To be honest you shouldnt get another fish. If you get another fish there is a high probability the same will happen to it.

Slow down there!!! At the the quickest when starting a new tank add one fish a month. But as others said you're pushing it a bit in a 14 gallon. Please let the tank become stable ( bacteria has to catch up to your current load) and maybe add a few shrimp, snails etc like others have said. Theres some neat looking inverts. Unfortunatly with a small tank you're pretty limited on livestock. If you decide to get another ( hopefully at least a month) you should stick with a tiny goby fit for nano tanks.

lol i no this is gonna make me look real stupid but remember im just a newbie when it comes to the fish tank but what the heck are inverts lol are they coral cause my plan is to get a couple of shrimp than just stock the **** out of that thing with coral

Inverts are anything without a backbone.....

oh ok wekk just out of curiosity what difference does it make invert or not lol there still fishes right? i just dont understand the difference i gess.

Not really, vertebrates have a spine, invertebrates have no spine....the internet is a great thing, check it out and do some searches, you will learn a ton.
BTW, a fish is not an invert......

roka's point is that you're maxed out on fish for that size of tank.

BUT... you can always add inverts, which means crabs, coral, shrimp... you get the drift. Those things will not dramatically change the "bioload" in your tank - meaning that while they do create waste, they don't create it at the same quantity as fish would. So adding coral won't push your water parameters out of whack... but adding fish will.

hey do you know how much the torch corals normally go for or i think thats what it is heres a pic causee i realllly want one
they look like this

Torch corals in my area will go anywhere between $30 and $100 depending on the size.

I had one in my 46g for a little less than a year. I ended up selling it back to the LFS because it was getting so big it was "taking over" half of my tank. Torch corals can "reach out" with those tentacles and sting/kill other corals pretty quick. Let's just say they don't play nice.

For that reason, I'd be really hesitant in putting it in a 14g tank unless that's the only coral you want in there. They are really an aggressive coral.

oh wow i dint know that thanks for dat i gess ill find different kinds =)

Back
Top Bottom