Nudi Branch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe the only type that is practical in aquaria is the lettuce nudi, even though its nota true nudi.

It depends on what type..... Some are poisonous and may release toxins in the tank, some are not reef safe. And when they run out a certian type of food they eat like algae then they die.
There are ones that eat flat worms so if you have a flatworm problem these would help out. A few guys in my club are getting them to help with this issue. Read up on the type you want before you get it.

i wouldnt bother with it, they are poorly understood and better off left in the reef. it is unknown exactically what most of them eat, and the only way to assure you have the appropriate food source is to purchase the food source and the nudibranch together. even so, they only have a life span of a few months to a year, and are very prone to climbing into filters and overflows and killing themselves. i would leave these guys alone...

that being said, i know some people have said good things about lettuce nudis. they actually arent nudis, but are a type of sea slug. if you simply cant do wihtout, try one of these- although still they have short life spans and suicidal tendancies...

HTH good luck

I have a lettuce nudi and i am aware that its not a true nudi. But it is doing great! I have all my intakes covered. It is very active and fun to watch, i have had it for about 1 month. I would reccomend one if you cover you intakes.

Back
Top Bottom