Nuisance palys taking over. Looking for suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erichm20

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well the title says it all. I have those standard green palys in several parts of the tank and they colonize like weeds, in some cases growing right over other corals. A friend told me the only way is to take the rock out and rub the mat off with a towel.... My problem is I can't just take some of the rocks out without turning the tank upside down so I was hoping to find a local solution perhaps something that I could squirt on them. I've tried to pull them out in the water - bad idea. They just oozed out their slime and came back with a vengeance. I've also tried to put coral glue right on them so it would maybe be stuck shut- no luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Aptasia x, kalkwasser paste, lemon juice in a syringe, anything that you would use to kill other pests.

I've seen a youtube video of someone using a high power laser to get rid of aptasia. It would probably work fine for this too. It would leave a dead animal in the tank though.

Thanks. I'll try the kalk paste or boiling lemon juice. Here are some photos of what I'm talking about. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423442416.499354.jpg growing on a favia.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423442467.899144.jpg taking over zoas

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423442526.319928.jpg. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423442554.617791.jpg random places they are invading...

I doubt aptasia x will work but maybe I'll try since I have some aptasia as well.

Sorry I just re read you said laser not aptasia x. I would be all for trying that but not sure how to acquire a high powered laser.

Back
Top Bottom