number of green chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was going to add as my final fish additions 3 green/blue chromis but wasn't sure if I could get away with only three. Do I need more than that to make them feel comfortable? Tried researching on the net but I've seen everything from at least 3 or 4 or more than 6.

And from what I've read they seem to be quite peaceful. Currently in my 120g I have a yellow tang, blue tang, 2 clowns and a royal gramma along with a watchman/shrimp combo.

Not sure what the top range is for my tank. Any ideas on calculating the upper limit. I'd like to stay a little below it. Don't want to push the envelope.

Steve

I had 5 and they picked eachother off one by one and I have heard stories of other people having the same problem. I currently have one and it is doing great. Also, typically you put fish in your tank from peaceful to aggressive...

By picked off do you mean they killed each other? Everything I've read seems to point them at being peaceful and feeling more comfortable living in groups.

Steve

I have never been able to keep more than 2 in my 55g i had 3 and one always gets killed. I have tried it twice

i have one and hes very peaceful, he actually is buddies with my clown. I think 3 is fine but the more the merrier unless you want to save those "fish slots" for something else. Granted ive only owned a select number of fish, he is the most active of all ive owned

My one that I have is buddies with everyone... just not any other chromis, I have consider getting two more just to see though

yeah i had one and he was buddies with my clown, but for a tank your size id rather have about 3 banggai cardinals, more peaceful and they look awesome.

i have a feeling that they may pick each other off one by one eventually, they are damsels, after all

Different tanks, different experiences! I put three in my tank (46g) over three years ago, and they're all still doing just fine. They'll chase each other from time to time, but no major aggression. They're jumpers though.

I had two in my old 55 and they harassed everything new that I put in the tank. I used to wake up every morning with my fingers crossed that the little jerks were dead.:zook:.lol. Now on the flip side I had one in a 30 bow and it was great but it was one of the last fish I added.

i got 4 in my 45 gallon they chase each other all the time but nothing serious for the most part its been like 2 months nothing is hurt or looks like its going to die

Back
Top Bottom