O.clown and Hosting Anemonie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering what coral would O.Clowns would host if any?:)

Let me know.....

Thanks

My A. percula are now hosting in my hammer coral. If they host in anything it's hit and miss. Your results could be very different than someone elses.

I have had my clowns host a hammer coral and a bubble coral. As Allen said it will be hit or miss with an anenome. Not everyone will have same results.

I've had my O. Clown for a month now and have recently introduced a Hammer coral and Green Star Polyps. He has been eying them, but has not hosted any yet. It's really a hit or miss thing, there is no guarantee he will or won't host something.

As mentioned, they will take up residence with corals and sometimes are prefered over an anemone. I had a pair that took to a large cluster of zoas. That said though, I've had them take to bubbletips and long tentacle anemones as well.

I have a hammer coral and a frogspawn my clownfish didn't host them. I am thinking If I got an anemone he wouldn't host that either

I have a hammer coral and a frogspawn my clownfish didn't host them. I am thinking If I got an anemone he wouldn't host that either

That wasnt the case in my tank. Mine totally ignored my anenome and host the bubble coral and hammer coral. Here is a pic of them.

img_924686_0_badf3f4b47943f6e5790fa3249f0fc38.jpg

img_924686_1_380f82b8064ea4e473f23ca9b7d6c8ba.jpg

wierd do you think the clownfish species makes a difference I have an Ocellaris I believe yours is a maroon or Tomato clown??

Ritteri's are extremely difficult to keep. Besides, they get huge...way to big for a 55 IMO.

I agree with Larry. A ritteri is the last anemone I would suggest especially as a first anemone.

Absolutley too big for a home tank IMO. I had a long tentacle that was getting too big for my 125 before it sudenly died. No more anemones for me. Most should be left in the sea where they can live long (very long) lives as opposed to the typical 6 months to a couple of years in our tanks.

My clowns were frantic when the anemone died but ended up settling in a hammer and are quite content with that.

If you absolutely have to have an anemone, do a google search for "clown fish and anemones"....
Anemones and Clown Fish and Clownfish Host Anemones for a list of which anemones are most likely to host which clown fish.

Ritteri's are extremely difficult to keep. Besides, they get huge...way to big for a 55 IMO.

No problem I wouldn't put anything that would hurt my reef or even get to big... I would take suggestion on some cool anemone or coral....:bowl:

Back
Top Bottom