obsessed with fragging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For some background info: I just recently started fragging my corals when I realized the money i could save by trading with people. I aquired quite a few easy to frag corals from my trades so i am finally starting to get some experience. Right now I am trying to aquaculture 3 different types of shrooms... one by cutting it in half with a razor blade, one by cutting it from the stalk and netting it to another rock (hoping another will grow from the stalk i cut), and one just by positioning the shrooms close to another rock for them to grow onto. Ive fragged my trumpet coral a few times with great ease and my frogspawn twice... one success one failure. Also fragged my zoas a few times and cut off a bud from my ricordia that wasnt getting enough light and netted it to a new rock.

Now the question... Anyone have any tips on the best ways to frag these corals, or just tips on fragging in general? If anyone wants to trade frags around IN send me a PM (sumphead/brndfrb ???). we could thermos trade or just meet somewhere if you dont live to far away.

Thanks,
Ross

All I can say is when fragging a coral it is very important to start with a healthy animal. If it is weak or stressed out you could lose both pieces. I have fragged everything from mushrooms, leathers, zoanthids, brain corals, euphyllia, blastomussa and sps's. Have had many success stories as well as a few failures.

I tell you chopping a $150 coral in half can be scary at times.

Scott

yah also you can order garf's DVD(s) on coral prop, I have one, it is great! step by step movie on fragging lots of weird little corals very helpful.

Thanks guys... im gonna order that book and maybe a dvd at the end of this week when im swimming in graduation money =)

Back
Top Bottom