Ocellaris - Bold Feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drinkingbird

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Ocellaris is a bold feeder (his name is J.W.) and he often pushes Penny the Midas Blenny out of the way. I am concerned Penny is not getting enough food. Is there any way I can modify this behavior?
I have tried feeding JW at one end of the tank and Penny at the other, but JW has to be the center of attention.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions?

do you feed with an "inject TUbe"' I am in love with it. ITs a little medical tube "like a syringe" but the needle is plastic short and wider. fill it up with food. mix in some water by sucking it out of the tank. (carefull, fish used to this tube will feed directly from it so dont suck on the fish mouths!)

a light push from the tube and your dominant eaters will try and suck the food out the tube! its great!. then while they are busy, you can "shoot: the food directly to whoever is left out of feeding!. I learned this from watching the "pros"' feed corals.

With this little tube you can measure perfect everything from testing and everything else.

dela

Back
Top Bottom