Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to SoylentGrundy
Ocellaris Clown Question

Hello all!
Got a quick question... got 2 ocellaris clowns (pretty young still), and one of them is getting a a darkish patch on one side. Salinity is 1.024, pH good, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates good. Temperature a little on the warm side (85) but i've just adjusted that today. What I'm curious about is whether or not the darkish patch could have come from the fish being stressed from the warmer water, if something else caused it, or if some of the false perc's get darkish patches naturally?
Thanx

Old 05-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
dark as in dark black or what? can you get a pic. or tell us more about the color?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Kind of dark grayish to light blackish. Size of a BB. Midway up on the body above the pectoral fin and right in front of the second white stripe. She still swims normally and eats as heartily as ever. No signs of stress, just a minor discoloration that appeared a week ago...i'm baffled
Old 05-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to pufferman
If we could get a pic, we could guess more accurately, but now it just maybe a special fish with just a little extra pigmentation. Monitor the fish regularly for about half and hour everyday and see if it acts wierd. Let us know, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could send a pic.

P-MAN
Tank Specs as of December 29, 2005:Ammonia:0;Nitrite: 0;Nitrate=0;Cu:0
PH: 8.3
SG: 1.028;Temp: 79-84 degrees F (Adjusts throughout the day)
pufferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:34 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

I dont have access to a scanner or any digital picture equipment, so the picture is a tricky one. But since i noticed the spot over a week ago, i've spent extra time watching the fish. They are both as energetic as ever and still eat like pigs. I feed them once in the morning and once in the evening and vary the food choices and they both swim actively and eat well. Could just be a pigment issue. Who knows... I'll make sure to update if anything else changes.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

probably just a dark spot on the fish, this happens alot with clowns ive heard, one of my tomatoes has a nice dark spot on one side and has had it for like 4 months and is fine
mrmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:32 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Probly so, but i was curious and had to ask. The clown is still acting fine and eating well. Thanks for the info mrmarine!
Old 05-17-2004, 12:37 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to sumphead
Especially with tank raised falsies you start seeing a lot more anomoles like this. In-breeding I tell ya! Who knows but I have one whose white stripe doesn't go all the way around.

Tags
clown, ocellaris

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com