Ocellaris Clown Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoylentGrundy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all!
Got a quick question... got 2 ocellaris clowns (pretty young still), and one of them is getting a a darkish patch on one side. Salinity is 1.024, pH good, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates good. Temperature a little on the warm side (85) but i've just adjusted that today. What I'm curious about is whether or not the darkish patch could have come from the fish being stressed from the warmer water, if something else caused it, or if some of the false perc's get darkish patches naturally?
Thanx

Kind of dark grayish to light blackish. Size of a BB. Midway up on the body above the pectoral fin and right in front of the second white stripe. She still swims normally and eats as heartily as ever. No signs of stress, just a minor discoloration that appeared a week ago...i'm baffled

If we could get a pic, we could guess more accurately, but now it just maybe a special fish with just a little extra pigmentation. Monitor the fish regularly for about half and hour everyday and see if it acts wierd. Let us know, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could send a pic.

P-MAN

I dont have access to a scanner or any digital picture equipment, so the picture is a tricky one. But since i noticed the spot over a week ago, i've spent extra time watching the fish. They are both as energetic as ever and still eat like pigs. I feed them once in the morning and once in the evening and vary the food choices and they both swim actively and eat well. Could just be a pigment issue. Who knows... I'll make sure to update if anything else changes.

probably just a dark spot on the fish, this happens alot with clowns ive heard, one of my tomatoes has a nice dark spot on one side and has had it for like 4 months and is fine

Probly so, but i was curious and had to ask. The clown is still acting fine and eating well. Thanks for the info mrmarine!

Especially with tank raised falsies you start seeing a lot more anomoles like this. In-breeding I tell ya! Who knows but I have one whose white stripe doesn't go all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom