ocellaris clownfish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leesanhua

Aquarium Advice Freak
does anyone have pic about the tank bred ocellarris clownfish? i wanted to buy online but i want to know are there any differences of the look between wild caught and tank bred.

thank you.

They look the same but the tank raised usually adapt better since they have always been in an aquarium.

Tank raised clowns seem more freindly too IMO. Don't know the fear of the wild and shadows near the tank. I got percs, and they're always out front. Even swimming near my hand when its in the tank.

tank bred seem to have more personality too.. mine love their ocellaris anemone and are like security guards at a night club.. no entry.. bite bite bite.. funny little dudes

I've only got one tank bred O. Clown. When I got him he was only about and inch long and in three months he is growing fast, almost two inches now. Doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, and is fun to watch

My tankbred black ocellaris is a real jerk. Anytime I want to use the algae pad or stick my hand in there to adjust things he nips at my wrist and knuckles with no regard to his own life. He's probably the toughtest guy I know.

LMAO! My clown jumps OUT of the tank to get me. He'd rather bite me OUTSIDE of the tank, and has succeeded twice! And just a little info, they can jump out of the tank like nobody's business....scared one of these days he's gonna miss on his way back down and hit the floor. Fiesty they are! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom