Ocellaris question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clowns and angelfish. They, in addition to tangs, are susceptible to brook. My only surviving fish was a leopard wrasse who was traded to LFS.
oh ok, the only other fish I have in there are dartfish. Do they need to be removed for any reason or are they fine? Also in the video, it said the QT doesn't need a filter? If it does I have an old 30 gallon canister I can hook up.

oh ok, the only other fish I have in there are dartfish. Do they need to be removed for any reason or are they fine? Also in the video, it said the QT doesn't need a filter? If it does I have an old 30 gallon canister I can hook up.
All need to be removed. I run a filter for flow and oxygen. However, I do not run any media or a sponge.

image-4181334785.jpg

All need to be removed. I run a filter for flow and oxygen. However, I do not run any media or a sponge.
ok, unfortunately, he just died. Motionless at the top. I netted him out and put him in a plastic bag. Should I still remove the other fish?? All I have is the 20g tank and the filter, I don't have Pvc for them to hide in.

Hopefully I can get a refund for him since I bought him with the disease. That's the second fish I've bought from this store that had a disease and died. The first one was a bristlenose pleco and had columnaris. That one was a little more fatal though, killing 11 of my fish.

Purpose taking out all fish is twofold. First is to treat them in QT because there's a chance they are infected with the disease. Second is to kill off the parasites in your main tank. A fish-killing parasite needs a host (fish) for survival. If there's no such host (again fish) then the parasite dies. That's why it's important to take all fish out for an extended period of time from your main tank to ensure its harmless when you put healthy fish in there. It's no fun but part of the game/hobby.

Purpose taking out all fish is twofold. First is to treat them in QT because there's a chance they are infected with the disease. Second is to kill off the parasites in your main tank. A fish-killing parasite needs a host (fish) for survival. If there's no such host (again fish) then the parasite dies. That's why it's important to take all fish out for an extended period of time from your main tank to ensure its harmless when you put healthy fish in there. It's no fun but part of the game/hobby.
oh ok, that makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom