Octopus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hat do theses need in order to service in captivity and will they servive

Most don't last 6 months,a year tops if your really lucky,and can escape almost any type of set -up ..Just not an ideal pet for anyone ..I would pass on one

I agree, always wanted one, will never get one! If Mandarins are expert only, octopus are marine biologist only! Too hard to keep, and too hard to keep contained. IMO

Good man marine biology huh? That's what I would have went to school for but I'm a workaholic and rather work :) in hopes to own a business in the next years.

Thanks it's what I want to do so I don't have to get up and regret going to work I can look fwd to it

Octopuses have a lifespan of about a year so even a marine biologist could't keep one for much longer than that

I've been seeing flounders for sale latley. They are agressive and will eat anything. That it can swallow. They can be big also

Ok well my friend had one and it didn't do anything really it was great and just died one night last week we don't know what happend to it

Real smart on pet lands behalf. Way to feed the grouper hundreds of dollars worth of fish

That's what I was thinking and the manager just laughed and said oh that sucks. I was getting some snails and said forget the snails I'll never be here again. Wrote a short letter to the company about that store and manager.

Wow that sucks my fish stores are great and sometime even cut me a deal on things

Yeah my LFS are awesome very knowledgeable and great prices. But chain pet stores are the complete opposite just do anything to make some money.

Back
Top Bottom