Octopus for home tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will say it would be a cool thing to have if you could contain it... maybe one of those locking lids like they use at pecto on the ferret tanks. I don't mean locking like a plastic clip... they have key lock tops so no one steals the animals. It may make lgihting more difficult though.

wait a second.....they get out of their tank, stroll across the kitchen floor or whatever and then go back to their tank as if nothing happened! how freaky! yet at the same time...so awesome.

From what I've seen and read they have a "sense of humor" as well as being very inquisitive. They love to manipulate things and need to be "entertained" in captivity - that's why quite a few get loose now and again and then go back home. Just the idea of a nightly jaunt around the place is definitely creepy!!!

I think I would pass on that one. Anything that can get out of it's tank, walk around, and go back is not for me. My tank is four feet from my ferret's cage, and I can only imagine what would happen. Not good thoughts for either party.

My LFS has a baby octopus that is probably 2-3 inches long. Pretty cool. However, the information everyone has supplied removes any temptation of buying it from me.

Back
Top Bottom