Odd clown fish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

circus clowns

Aquarium Advice Freak
Digging into the sand bed, I've had the pair for about seven months , and this is the first time they have done this anyone know why?

Just a guess, but do clowns nest when they breed? I never bred clowns, so I don't know. Good luck

One of mine digs a little hole in the sand on the side of the tank where he sleeps. Could it be that this is the first time you've noticed it? Mine does it after the lights go off.

Could be close to spawning. Clownfish will manicure their area considerably more when they are rdy to spawn.

Mine didt that to and it would even laydown sideways and sleep then the light wood go on and heed fill it up then at nigh make another lil hole,ect ect anyway fish do weird things just enjoy

My two clowns do the exact same thing and i honestly dont know why...they only do it when the lights tuen off they start digging this hole at the front corner of my tanl and if i cover it they will make it again once the lights go off

ForumRunner_20120317_031913.jpg

Mine do this when close to spawning, they clean the rock they chose to spawn on, and I do mean CLEAN and make a burrow in the sand. If they close to spawn if you put your hand near the spot they are at they will attack you, just to keep you away

My maroon has done this as well. He dug a nest under a ledge in the back corner all the way down to the glass. It is about 4 inches by 4 inches. My percs don't do this though.

I take it back about my perc. He has started digging a nest too. Not as big as the maroon, but he is only about 2.5 inches where the maroon is about 5.5

Back
Top Bottom